Mother of alleged raped boy cries foul

MBOMBELA – A Pienaar mother is still reeling from shock after discovering that her son was allegedly raped by other boys at school.


The incident took place at Platorand Skool/School in Belfast, but according to the mother, she was only informed a week after.
She stated that received a call from the school informing to attend a meeting on May 24, but when she asked if there was a problem with her son, she was told it was a minor issue.

READ | Well-known pastor convicted for rape and robbery


“There were other parents when I arrived and to my surprise, I was told that eight other boys had raped my son. I had to search for answers which nobody was willing to give and what hurt me the most, was that he was not even taken to the doctor.”


She then asked the school to transport her and her son to the clinic for a medical examination which confirmed he had been raped.
A case was also opened, however, what puzzled her was the manner in which the school responded to the matter.

WATCH:


“At the meeting there was a representative from the Department of Education who we were told was from Kwaggafontein. She warned me not to say anything because the matter was only to be spoken about there. I refused and that is why I reported it to the police and the reason why my son is at home and not at school,” she said.

ALSO READ | Ermelo man sentenced to 55 years in prison for rape and robbery


Department of Education’s Gerald Sambo said they learnt of the incident and a meeting was subsequently convened with parents last Monday. An investigation by the department is currently underway. He also added that a psychologist and a social worker have also been deployed to the school to render the necessary support. Provincial police spokesperson, Brigadier Leonard Hlathi confirmed that a case was opened. He said suspects are currently waiting for a Probation Officers Assessment as they are still minors.


“There are currently no arrests made. The Probation Officers will give recommendation based on their assessment results,” said Hlathi.

Related articles

Special task team assembled to fight crime

DAANTJIE- More than 100 South African Police Service members have been deployed to a Special Task Team. This was revealed on Thursday afternoon by Acting Provincial Commissioner, Major General Zeph Mkhwanazi where he instructed deploys...

Speedster arrested on the N4 Schoemankloof Road

The Mpumalanga Community Safety, Security and Liaison Traffic Intervention Unit (TIU)  arrested a 40 year old male for excessive speeding on Tuesday. The driver was travelling in a Black VW Golf 5 on the N4...

Abducted woman’s body found at cemetery

The body of a 46 year-old woman who was abducted at Mphatseni, Masoyi has been found. According to police, three armed suspects forcefully took her in front of her children in the early hours of...

Woman collapses as homes are demolished

MATAFFIN- “As they chucked us out of the house I saw my mother lying down on the ground.” The above describes what transpired this morning in an area demarcated for a cemetery where some people...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.