Reconstruction of Tekwane South bridge to commence this week

TEKWANE SOUTH – African National Congress President, Cyril Ramaphosa said works on the collapsed bridge are expected to commence on September 21.
This was during his visit in the province where he led door-to-door campaigns on the voter registration weekend.
Ramaphosa’s first stop was the site where the bridge collapsed due to heavy rains earlier this year.

VIDEO: President Cyril Ramaphosa at the collapsed Tekwane bridge.

He said the premier had briefed him on various projects in the pipeline including water, road infrastructure and the reconstruction of the bridge.

“We heard all your concerns and I am proud to announce that work on the reconstruction of the bridge will start on the 21st of September. Other residents also informed us on the quality of water. This will be attended to because everyone has the right to access clean water,” said Ramaphosa.

Resident, Pearl Nkosi, said she hopes the president would keep all the promises he made to the community.
“I am not happy with service delivery around this place and there is a lot of crime that affects us as the community. Although I believe him, we will just have to wait and see.”

Related articles

More than R33 milllion NSFAS funds recovered from UMP

The Special Investigating Unit (SIU) has recovered R33 668 138.56 of unallocated funds from the University of Mpumalanga. This was revealed last week Wednesday when the SIU presented its findings to Parliament’s Standing Committee on...

WATCH: Elephant escapes from KNP

MATSULU - Residents were shocked to see an elephant roaming the streets after it escaped from the Kruger National Park earlier today. According to members of the community, some saw it around 01:00am and alerted...

Independent Media rejoins the Press Council

Independent Media has rejoined the Press Council of South Africa (PCSA) with effect from 1 January 2024, Press Council Executive Director Latifa Mobara has announced. "We are delighted to have Independent and all of their...

JUST IN: Oscar Pistorius released on parole eight years later

After serving eight years in prison for the murder of his girlfriend, former Paralympic champion, Oscar Pistorius was released on parole. The Department of Correctional Services confirmed this morning Pistorius who was dubbed as the...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.